Navigating the Visa Process: Your Gateway to Studying in the USA and Canada
Congratulations on securing admission to your dream university! The next step in your journey to higher education in the USA or Canada is the visa application process. Here's a comprehensive guide to help you through the crucial visa filing stages:
Visa Filing for USA:
Form I-20:Once admitted to a U.S. university, you'll receive Form I-20. This document signifies your acceptance to the institution and authorizes you to apply for a U.S. visa.
SEVIS Fee: In addition to the visa application fee (approximately US$200.00), you'll need to pay a separate SEVIS fee.
Digital Photograph: Ensure you have a digital photograph that meets specific criteria for the U.S. visa application.
DS-160 Application: Complete the visitor visa application (Form DS-160) online. Upon successful submission, you'll receive a confirmation with a 10-digit barcode, which is crucial for scheduling your visa interview.
Visa Application Fee: Ensure you have a digital photograph that meets specific criteria for the U.S. visa application.
Visa Appointment: Schedule your visa interview appointment through the official U.S. visa appointment website.
Fingerprinting:Before your interview, schedule a fingerprinting appointment at the consulate.
Documents for Interview:Attend your visa interview at the designated U.S. consulate, armed with the following documents:
- DS-160 barcode page
- Visa application fee receipts
- Visa appointment letter
- Supporting documents based on your visa category
Visa Filing for Canada:
- Tuition Fee Payment:After securing admission to a Canadian university, you'll typically need to pay the tuition fees for your first year of study.
- *Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC): Open a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) account in Scotia Bank or CIBC bank of Canada and deposit CAD 10,000. The GIC will cover up to one year of living expenses, with a monthly disbursement of CAD 670.
- SDS Eligibility:To qualify for the Study Direct Stream (SDS) visa category, ensure you meet the following conditions:
- Acceptance from a post-secondary designated learning institution (DLI)
- Tuition fee payment for the first year of study
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAD 10,000
- Minimum IELTS score of 6, with no band less than 6
- Required Documents:Gather the following documents for your Canadian visa application:
- Passport-size photographs
- Letter of acceptance from a DLI
- Proof of tuition fee payment for the first year
- Proof of Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) payment (certificate/letter of attestation)
- IELTS TRF scorecard
- Copy of your medical examination from an authorized panel of doctors
- Academic transcripts and relevant academic documents
- Additional requirement of CAQ for students intending to study in Quebec
Visa Processes for Other Countries:
Navigating visa processes for countries beyond the USA and Canada? Our dedicated executives are well-versed in visa requirements and procedures for various study destinations, including Europe, Australia, the UK, and more. Connect with us to receive expert guidance tailored to your chosen country.
Whether you're headed to the USA, Canada, or any other international destination, Yourpedia Global is your trusted partner for a smooth and successful visa application journey. Our experienced team is here to answer your questions and provide personalized assistance.